1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 8th April 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

Tomorrow ONLY - 6x match for your donation on Facebook—OMF

Discussion in 'Advocacy Action Alerts' started by Jaybee00, Dec 2, 2019.

1. Jaybee00

Jaybee00 Senior Member (Voting Rights)

#TripleTuesdayOMF - Giving Tuesday Special Facebook Matching Gift
    [​IMG]

We’d like to highlight a unique opportunity to have your donation to OMF 6x matched on International Giving Tuesday, starting tomorrow (Tuesday, December 3) at 5 AM Pacific / 8 AM Eastern / 1 PM London.

When you donate to our #TripleTuesdayOMF Facebook Fundraiser tomorrow, Facebook will match your donation on a first-come, first-served basis until their $7 million matching grant runs out. On top of that, generous OMF supporters will triple match the amount of your gift and Facebook’s contribution … that means OMF will receive a total of six times the amount you donate!

Facebook’s matching grant will run out very quickly, so please be sure to make your donation as soon as the match launches on Tuesday, December 3 (5 AM Pacific / 8 AM Eastern / 1 PM London). All you have to do is follow this link to our Facebook Fundraiser, then click the “donate” button to make your gift. The matching contributions will be applied automatically.

Additionally, Facebook will cover the processing fees for your gift, so 100% of your contribution will go to OMF. Your $10 donation turns into $60, $100 into $600, and so on; any amount you contribute makes a difference.

Thanks for helping us take advantage of this incredible opportunity to accelerate ME/CFS research!

petrichor, Dolphin and DokaGirl like this.
  2. Jaybee00

Zuck could give more than 7M.

Webdog and DokaGirl like this.
  3. Andy

Andy Committee Member

DokaGirl and Forbin like this.
  4. Forbin

Forbin Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Do you need to belong to Faceboook?

Last edited: Dec 2, 2019
    Yessica and DokaGirl like this.
  5. chrisb

chrisb Senior Member (Voting Rights)

What! you mean to say that once they have your data, they own you?

Yessica, DokaGirl and Forbin like this.
  6. Webdog

Webdog Senior Member (Voting Rights)

7. Dolphin

Dolphin Senior Member (Voting Rights)

DokaGirl likes this.
  8. Jaybee00

7 million is for all the charities in the world combined, not just for OMF. That’s why one needs to donate at the exact time listed or the money goes to save the whales or something else.

[N.B. Not against saving whales]

9. Andy

Andy Committee Member

Sure, but we know from the other thread that US donations can be a lot lower to be eligible for the tripling than UK ones, so that doesn't make it clear.

DokaGirl likes this.
  10. Dolphin

Dolphin Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Not sure I understand. Anytime I have donated to a US charity, I have donated in US dollars despite not being in the US. Dollar donations are tripled or whatever is all one would seem to need to know, unless one wants to get the extra credit from one’s national tax system where we already know there is a specific threshold.

DokaGirl likes this.
  11. Jaybee00

12. John Mac

John Mac Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Just tried donating via Paypal and it responds with "Error please try later".

I don't want to use the alternative of payment by card as I don't want to give Facebook my card details.

Yessica likes this.
  13. Jaybee00

I used a credit card... maybe Zuck is going on a shopping spree right now.

Looks like they raised about USD 30,000, which doesn’t seem like a lot...times 6 it’s 180,000....could pay for a lab machine or a couple of years of a technician.

Yessica and Dolphin like this.