Who is Simon Wessely?

Discussion in 'Psychosomatic news - ME/CFS and Long Covid' started by Sly Saint, Nov 13, 2017.

1. RainbowCloud

RainbowCloud Established Member

Hi Valerie, sorry for taking a while to reply – had a crash unfortunately but hopefully working my way back to baseline now.

That’s really sad and frustrating to hear that despite trying to get the ME charities to hear you, you weren’t listened to. I’m very glad that the charities exist, but the scale of the issues that people with ME and related illnesses face is so enormous that we desperately need them to be taking every opportunity to progress, and and I really don’t feel like there’s adequate support relative to that.

I’m sure funding plays a part but it’s clearly not just that. Recently we’ve seen Carers UK organising a petition to hand to the new Labour government, the Lib Dems putting care at the centre of their campaign (and Emily Davey having MS), a public enquiry about the government failings during the Covid pandemic, a recent article about Maeve Boothby O’Neill and Sajid Javid, and I think; ‘come on ME charities, where are you? This is such an opening for you to capitalise on!’ Then… nothing (or nothing publicised anyway).

I know I’m preaching to the converted but at least you know others validate your views and feel so much more needs to be done too. I wish I had the know-how or energy to change things and thank you again for trying!

Amw66, alktipping, MEMarge and 5 others like this.