1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 18th March 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

A new approach to find biomarkers in (CFS/ME) by single-cell Raman micro-spectroscopy, 2018, Morten et al

Discussion in 'ME/CFS research news' started by John Mac, Aug 22, 2018.

1. FMMM1

FMMM1 Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Thanks to Andy I was able to access the paper. Here's the statement I was looking for [quote from paper]:
    "A total accuracy of 98.1% was achieved based on 206 Raman spectra. Notably, with an increasing sample size and number of Raman spectra to construct the reference database, classification models with better robustness can be achieved. As one Raman spectrum can be obtained within seconds, one patient sample that consists of multiple spectra and multiple cells can be characterized and classified within a few minutes, which implies an enormous potential and feasibility in clinical practice."

@EspeMor @JaimeS

janice, Amw66, wigglethemouse and 3 others like this.
  2. Sly Saint

Sly Saint Senior Member (Voting Rights)

A new approach to find biomarkers in chronic fatigue syndrome/myalgic encephalomyelitis (CFS/ME) by single-cell Raman micro-spectroscopy
    "This article is part of the themed collection: Next wave advances in single cell analyses"

https://pubs.rsc.org/fa/content/articlelanding/2019/an/c8an01437j#!divAbstract

Hutan, ahimsa, wigglethemouse and 4 others like this.
  3. Hutan

Hutan Moderator Staff Member

Aroa, Trish and RedFox like this.