1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 15th April 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

Article in Verywell:Treating Post-Exertional Malaise in Chronic Fatigue Syndrome

Discussion in 'Post-Exertional malaise and fatigue' started by Sly Saint, Aug 13, 2021.

1. Invisible Woman

Invisible Woman Senior Member (Voting Rights)

The reverse is also true - cognitive impairment can be extremely stressful, which accelerates the deterioration.

Dealing with anything official with tight deadlines can be a nightmare at the best of times, but if you're in a bad patch....

Along with the pressure that you know if you eff it up it will take significantly more time and resource to sort it out.

Starlight, janice, DokaGirl and 8 others like this.
  2. Barry

Barry Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Yes, a vicious circle.

MEMarge, Starlight, janice and 4 others like this.
  3. DokaGirl

DokaGirl Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Yes.

Someone once told me pwME are all working as hard as they can.

Many of us have some form of household to contribute to, and our own lives to run. WE ARE WORKING AS HARD AS WE CAN! Many of us often push the boundaries. We do not just sit back, watch the TV and eat bon bons.

ME is an exceedingly tough disease. For the countless who wanted to achieve so much in our lives, it is daily a very frustrating and terrible burden.

4. Sly Saint

Sly Saint Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Someone who lives near me was telling me that she has diagnosed herself as having agoraphobia (in addition to other psychological issues), that inspite of still going to yoga, helping out at the charity shop and going for long walks, she just can't get motivated to do her garden (which was a mess a couple of years ago when I last saw it, and still is according to her immediate neighbour).
    I just said I had the opposite problem in that it was incredibly frustrating and annoying that there were so many things I want to get on with but can't or if I try, I have to keep stopping, sometimes for days or weeks. But I still keep trying.

eta: I should add that I get compliments about my garden so I do get things done.....eventually.:)

Last edited: Aug 16, 2021
  5. Sean

Sean Moderator Staff Member

The urge to get involved and have a life has never gone away.

I don't need motivating. :mad:

6. Sly Saint

Sly Saint Senior Member (Voting Rights)