Covid-19 vaccination experiences

Discussion in 'Epidemics (including Covid-19, not Long Covid)' started by Wits_End, Feb 21, 2021.

1. JemPD

JemPD Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Thats a lot to handle @Invisible Woman !!

I hop Invisible Dog is ok now? so heart wrenching when our animals are ill. Sending hugs

AliceLily, MeSci, Sean and 6 others like this.
  2. JemPD

AliceLily, MeSci, JaneL and 5 others like this.
  3. TigerLilea

TigerLilea Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I'm sorry that you are also going through this with the vaccine, @Sisyphus . It's five weeks since I had my first Moderna shot, and I feel like h*ll. My arms and legs feel weak and shaky. I've never been so exhausted in my life as I am right now. I've got a friend who doesn't have ME who has been really fatigued for the past three weeks from the Moderna shot, and she knows of quite a few people who are also going through the same thing who also don't have ME.

4. Mij

Mij Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Oh no :( I'm rethinking getting vaccinated now.

ScottTriGuy, MeSci, Binkie4 and 3 others like this.
  5. Invisible Woman

Invisible Woman Senior Member (Voting Rights)

He's doing well now, thanks. I'll put a pupdate on the dogs thread in a day or so.

AliceLily, merylg, Keela Too and 10 others like this.
  6. TigerLilea

The Moderna vaccine seems to have the most side-effects from what I've been reading. And the second shot is supposedly worse than the first.

7. Wits_End

Wits_End Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Isn't that the sort of thing you should be mentioning on the Yellow Card, or whatever it is they call it?

8. Mij

Mij Senior Member (Voting Rights)

@hinterland

Sometimes I get palpitations and heart rate increases from viral infections. I wonder if your palpitations are the result of an immune response from the vaccine? I would mention it to your doctor.

9. Sisyphus

Sisyphus Senior Member (Voting Rights)

So that’s two or three of us.

Where can I/we report this to? I don’t think we can use the regular vaccine event database, because that’s only for FDA approved stuff. We got the jobs under an EUA, Not a standard approval.

Michelle and Invisible Woman like this.
  10. Sisyphus

Sisyphus Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Mine was Pfizer. So it appears that among us folks, side effects are not only with the mRNA vaccines

AliceLily and Binkie4 like this.
  11. TigerLilea

Here in British Columbia, Canada, there is an 811 number that we can phone. They took down all of my info regarding side-effects and were going to report it to the gov't group that is keeping track of unusual side-effects.

I'm also a part of a research group that three doctors from the University of British Columbia are participating in. After each vaccine I am sent an online survey to fill in. This was how I figured out that my symptoms were due to the vaccine. I was tested for covid and my doctor also ran tests just to rule out anything else. Since this time I've come across quite a few people who are reporting similar experiences with the vaccines.

AliceLily, Michelle, Mij and 10 others like this.
  12. Invisible Woman

I'm day 3 post 2nd AZ jab.

I was at least mildly nauseous for most of yesterday & felt horribly ill yesterday evening.

I also felt really, really hot. Too hot to sleep. According to IM it wasn't that warm - he was wearing a fleece jacket. Apparently, I felt cool to the touch.

This morning the nausea is a lot worse and I don't feel at all well.

It is possible, maybe quite likely, that being in PEM is magnifying side effects that might otherwise not have been noticeable or that one of the side effects is to make PEM feel slightly worse. Maybe a little different.

Note to self - if these vaccines are going to become a regular thing, make d**n sure you're not in PEM when you get it.

AliceLily, Yessica, Michelle and 9 others like this.
  13. Keela Too

Keela Too Senior Member (Voting Rights)

So I was vaccinated on Wednesday. Had a rough night with one of the dogs that night, resulting in a midnight visit to the vet, and the heart-breaking decision to let her go the next morning (yesterday).

I felt a bit rough round the edges yesterday evening, but suspect that was as much the dog situation as the vaccine. Had the best sleep I’ve had in weeks last night, and today I feel top of my normal range. :)

My normally healthy husband had a really rough 24 hours after his 2nd Pfizer vaccine with shivers & sweats and a lot of extra bed-time, but he has bounced back to his normal again today.

So we seem to have got through the process okay.

14. MeSci

MeSci Senior Member (Voting Rights)

15. Keela Too

Keela Too Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Thank you. We had some fun times, wee Patsy and me. :p 3E758E8E-4366-4189-AB4E-2B2DF039ED03.jpeg

AliceLily, merylg, JoanneS and 15 others like this.
  16. JemPD

:( So sorry for your loss Sally. Rest peacefully Patsy

17. ukxmrv

ukxmrv Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Any idea what could be causing the "leg problem" that some people are experiencing after the AZ or P vaccine. I belong to a Facebook page for people with ME / CFS and the jab.

The morning after the vaccine (AZ for me) I could not physically stand. My legs felt numb and disconnected. Felt so weak all over. Slowly over the first week I stand and walk a little more. I had to think about moving my legs and they felt like lead weights I was dragging and numb at the same time. Time lag in moving limbs.

Subject to falls when my legs just "disappeared" and I would lie on the floor until my other-half came home or if close to the stairs dragged myself there by my arms and use the stairs them to pull myself up by my arms just lying there until I recover.

Overall my muscles much weaker in a way that didn't feel like my usual ME and it's hard to explain. When I try to walk a distance I could walk on the day I had the V I am much slower, the strange disconnected feeling is still there and I have to stop quickly.

Some people describe pins and needles, some jelly legs, some stiff legs. The first week after the V involved severe spinal pain for me and I don't know if this is connected.

Ideas very welcome.

Last edited: May 29, 2021
  18. Invisible Woman

I'm so sorry @Keela Too :hug:. So hard.

AliceLily, Yessica, JaneL and 4 others like this.
  19. Invisible Woman

Some of the symptoms you describe with the legs are similar to symptoms I've experienced with ME - though it was much worse earlier in the illness when I wasn't pacing because I didn't understand.

Since AZ or around that time I have had a lot more problems with my legs. The numbness, feeling of lag and also really bad achiness especially but not only in the first few hours on waking.

My back has been hurting more than usual too, especially in the last week post 2nd AZ vaccine.

Now, I've been putting these all down to ME & they still could be down to that but I don't know for sure. I have had a decorator who is fitting me in around other jobs so, the days he's here, I am standing & walking more than usual as I try to provide cups of tea or talk to him.

Plus lots of toing and froing to the vets with my dog who became very ill late one night, though I've been very fortunate in the outcome there.

The chances are it's ME but I don't know that for sure - it could be both.

AliceLily, Yessica, Mij and 6 others like this.
  20. JemPD

So my 2nd jab (AZ) was booked for 30th June (12 wks after 1st) booked via the local system. Then they started saying over 50s should have their jabs after 8wks due to indian variant. So i tried to rebook, but all appointments are now book through the national nhs website - local system no longer doing it.

So on the national system there were no slots at the 8wk break mark (which would have been 2nd June) but the 1st slots available were wk beg 13th june, so i booked for the 15th, at a local pharmacy - the only place available in my town, despite there being at least 2 other sites previously doing them. But those sites didnt exist according to the national system.

The pharmacy rang me yesterday to say they had to cancel my appointment, & i needed to rebook prior to the 6th because they will have no more AZ stocks after the 6th & were moving over to pfizer. She said they had loads of slots available for the wk before (ie1st-6th june) but that i had to book it through the national system.

So i go on the national system who say the first available appointment is 13th...

So... i can rebook the appointment that the pharmacy have cancelled (& tell me they will have to cancel again if i rebook it), or i can have no second dose at all.

:banghead: The lady on the 119 telephone line told me to ring my GP on Tuesday. But really .... ring the GP? how will that help? the GPs dont book or do vaccinations in my area.
    They are just passing the buck. The pharmacy says speak to the national team, the national team say speak to the pharmacy or your GP.

Its just incompetent.

And it's not just like i can turn up at a moment's notice. I have to rest for a week prior, in order to be well enough to go out, & then organise extra care for post jab side effects.... but of course none of that will be recognised because they think i have "chronic fatigue"!

:mad: :banghead: :(

Edited: for clarity

Last edited: May 30, 2021
    AliceLily, merylg, Wits_End and 10 others like this.