1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 15th April 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

Covid-19 vaccination experiences

Discussion in 'Epidemics (including Covid-19, not Long Covid)' started by Wits_End, Feb 21, 2021.

1. Binkie4

Binkie4 Senior Member (Voting Rights)

My vaccines are already out of date, the last one being my third ( Pfizer) in October 2021. I qualify for a second booster on both criteria. I am 75 and at high risk. Mr B has been called and had his fourth on age criteria.

I cannot have another vaccine according to my GP which he based on advice from the A and E Consultant who dealt with me following my collapse after v3. It would be too dangerous possibly fatal ( his words). I've written elsewhere of the problems following vaccination.

My concern now is that the Government, along with many others, is not emphasising the dangers of BA.5. People are still acting as if covid is over. There is little masking or attempts at distancing. My MP says that the vulnerable have been thrown to the wolves. I absolutely agree.

I have a hospital appointment on Fri, unfortunately not at my local hospital but actually at the one where I collapsed following v3. I still don't know whether to go. I've rung the Consultant's secretary to ask about covid precautions but had little help ( there are masks if you want one and hand gel). She told me that if I asked to postpone the appointment, it would be a long time until I was given another. I'm absolutely exhausted by all this. The stress of trying to make the right decision is never ending.

Ariel, SNT Gatchaman, MeSci and 8 others like this.
  2. Mij

Mij Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Some doctors don't want us referring to 4th jabs as 'boosters'. They want it changed to 'updates'. The 'boosters' don't address the new variants, so that makes more sense.

Sean, oldtimer, AliceLily and 4 others like this.
  3. AliceLily

AliceLily Senior Member (Voting Rights)

It's been a couple of days since my 4th dose Covid vaccine and nothing really to report. Just the usual sore arm . Out of all the doses so far this 4th dose had the least of symptoms and what I thought I felt were very very slight.

I don't know if clumsiness is a symptom, I sure did have one of those days yesterday. So I was more preoccupied with soreness from banging my hand and then the back of my head against the wall while getting into bed, and others I can't remember now.

Ariel, Hutan, Lilas and 8 others like this.
  4. Amw66

Amw66 Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Does anyone know the eligibility status in England for boosters?
    My stepmum is in her 80s, has RA, some heart issues ( luckily relatively minor) and cancer ( not so minor) .

She's not been notified for " spring rollout " as yet and is a bit anxious as positivity rate is so high.

Lilas, Binkie4, Wonko and 2 others like this.
  5. Peter Trewhitt

Peter Trewhitt Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Surely she should be eligible for the Spring booster (4th injection) on the basis of age alone, see https://www.nhsinform.scot/covid-19-vaccine/the-vaccines/coronavirus-covid-19-booster-vaccination . She should be able to book a booster on line.

I know a number of people over 75years that have had it, and I am aware of a couple of people with immune issues that have been offered a further booster (fifth injection).

The effectiveness of the vaccination seems to reduce relatively rapidly, which maybe due to the rapid evolution of new variants so getting boosters is important. Those of us not eligible need to think about returning to stricter precautions.

Lilas, AliceLily, Binkie4 and 2 others like this.
  6. Amw66

She is chasing this up. She's in Kent and one of her younger friends has had a letter which prompted her to ask . Scotland has its own programme and timeframe , but broadly similar.

Local pharmacy is doing shots so better than last roll out where she had to travel.

7. Peter Trewhitt

Sorry, ME brain, I had not realised I posted a Scottish rather than an English link.

8. Trish

Trish Moderator Staff Member

In England over 75's are eligible. Someone I know turned 75 in mid May and got a letter telling them they were eligible within a couple of weeks.

AliceLily, Binkie4, Amw66 and 3 others like this.
  9. Amw66

No problem. It's usually Scottish things I mention, so easily confounded

AliceLily and Peter Trewhitt like this.
  10. NelliePledge

NelliePledge Moderator Staff Member

Hutan, AliceLily, Wonko and 3 others like this.
  11. Peter Trewhitt

AliceLily and Wonko like this.
  12. Trish

Trish Moderator Staff Member

AliceLily and Wonko like this.
  13. Wonko

Wonko Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Alternative headline "Lets get all of those needing to be vaccinated herded together in small unventilated indoor areas as soon as the weather cools enough to help the virus spread".

Ariel, Wits_End, MeSci and 7 others like this.
  14. JemPD

JemPD Senior Member (Voting Rights)

that was my first thought too. I reckon the most risk i'll be at this year, will be going for that jab! Glad i'm going to be offered it though

Ariel, Peter Trewhitt, Trish and 2 others like this.
  15. NelliePledge

NelliePledge Moderator Staff Member

Although to be fair in my experience vaccinations for flu and Covid were done in well ventilated places

16. Wonko

Wonko Senior Member (Voting Rights)

My primary jabs were done in a well ventilated place - my living room.

However my booster, was done in a large cupboard, about 30-40m into a long narrow pharmacists, in terms of ventilation it may as well have been underground.

As far as I am aware most of the booster places around here are similar, a cupboard/small room at/near the back of a pharmacists - the same room(s) as were presumably previously used for consultations.

Pharmacists generally being quite 'small' places, normally quite well stocked, by which I mean not a lot of unused space, fitting 20-30 people in, for 15-30 minutes each, is 'problematic'.

Ariel, Mij, MeSci and 4 others like this.
  17. SNT Gatchaman

SNT Gatchaman Senior Member (Voting Rights)

18. JemPD

JemPD Senior Member (Voting Rights)

not mine....

this was my experience for both 2nd dose, flu jab & even worse for booster. Which was a room about 4x4m with a group of about 10 people all sitting, some maskless and coughing, in there, chairs touching each other, it was crazy & then each new person was ushered into the cupboard at the back which was about 1msq. I reckon they probably facilitating the infection of almost as many people as they vaccinating against it.

Ariel, MeSci, Trish and 3 others like this.
  19. Snow Leopard

Snow Leopard Senior Member (Voting Rights)

FMMM1, Amw66, Midnattsol and 4 others like this.
  20. SNT Gatchaman

SNT Gatchaman Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Good work guys.

Missense, Amw66, Midnattsol and 7 others like this.