Covid-19 vaccination experiences

Discussion in 'Epidemics (including Covid-19, not Long Covid)' started by Wits_End, Feb 21, 2021.

1. ladycatlover

ladycatlover Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Just to update...

Redness has spread more further down arm, and still hot. But arm much less painful.

The thing that has really got me today though is how much more I feel like myself! Yesterday everything I did was an utter struggle and I felt like sh*t and generally weird. But today I can recognise how awful I felt yesterday, which I didn't fully yesterday IYSWIM. Anyway, still not sleeping particularly well, weird dreams etc, but still much better than yesterday.

ringding, AliceLily, MeSci and 10 others like this.
  2. TigerLilea

TigerLilea Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I'm sorry to hear that you haven't recovered either. There are so many of us with vaccine damage and nobody seems to care. I went through a short spell of having migraine auras, but thankfully they seem to have gone away. That was replaced with really bad double vision that would hit me out of the blue, last for all of about 30 seconds and then go away. That also hasn't happened for about three months now. I haven't had vertigo for the last month. It's the neuropathy and exhaustion that doesn't seem to be getting any better. In fact, in the last few months it has gotten considerably worse. My GP has never sent me to see a neurologist, and from what I'm hearing from other Canadians, is that they don't want to see us, and the few who will see us, won't treat us anyways, so what's the point!?!?! We are very much on our own. :(

3. Wonko

Wonko Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Giving me pause re my getting a second booster.

Got an email invite a couple of days ago.

The speed things are progressing here I can't afford any significant downtime, on top of the 7-10 days that seems to occur every time I have the audacity to do something.

4. Arnie Pye

Arnie Pye Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Google "blood poisoning red line" and look at some images. If they look anything like your symptoms I think you should go to hospital because it could be a precursor to sepsis. It's probably unlikely I think if you are starting to feel better though.

I know two people who've had the red line as a result of infection and sepsis (both cases pre-dated covid by many years), and it needs treating as soon as possible.

5. ladycatlover

Today the redness around vaccine site is starting to fade, compared to yesterday and day before. It's still hot compared to the rest of my arm. Tenderness is fading, and I have freer movement of arm and it doesn't hurt when I move it now. Unless I go mad and fling it around! ;)

Sleep still not brilliant, woke at 4am and couldn't get to sleep again for ages. Plus weird dreams still too. :eek:

So I'm hoping in a few more days I'll be fully through the after effects of the vaccine. And able to think about getting back to the caravan again. Sad we can't get back for OH's birthday on Friday, but he doesn't mind too much, he's catching up with the garden and the allotment. Both much needed!

Peter Trewhitt, MeSci, Sean and 7 others like this.
  6. Kitty

Kitty Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Sounds good, and fingers crossed. Hopefully you'll get to make the most of the van before the mornings get horribly cold!

I've still no idea when I'll get my next vaccine—still below state retirement age, so I'll be towards the back of the queue. 'Flu jab next week, though, so at least that will be out of the way.

7. ladycatlover

Thanks @Kitty! We might get away early next week, but waiting on new sheepskin slide shoes which will be held up by postal strikes. They were dispatched yesterday, so might arrive on Tuesday if I'm lucky.

To return to Topic proper...

Arm still a little inflamed, but improved from yesterday. Still a little tender, but also improved. I decided not to have a bath till arm fully better - hopefully will be able to get one on Saturday - will see!

If that's the case, a week of discomfort, though not really bad discomfort - more of a nuisance. To me it's worth it for any protection I can get, given that the vast majority of the population don't wear masks at all, even in surgeries and hospitals, let alone shops!

Slept rather better last night too - did wake up a couple of times, but got back to sleep without problems. Plus didn't have any of those seriously weird dreams, which I'm very happy about! :)

8. Wonko

But the weird dreams are the best part - not worth getting a booster without them ;)

(Keto gave me similar dreams, for a while)

9. JemPD

JemPD Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Been called for my booster, am in my early 50s & was emailed today. Wont be going for it until at least 3rd wk in october though as i got to go for some medical treatment over the next couple of wks. Hope the N95 works! about 6 people i know got covid currently its pretty rampant istm.

Am more reluctant about the jab this time i must say. i think on balance i'd rather take my chances with the jab than with covid, but yeesh its not an easy decision.

10. Dx Revision Watch

Dx Revision Watch Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Note: I am not an ME patient.

Had a fourth jab yesterday morning - so I've now had AZ1, AZ2, Pfizer and yesterday, received Moderna bivalent.

With the first three, I had a sore and stiff arm on the first night, less sore on the day after. Felt cold, shivery and tired, with that "coming down with something" feeling on the day after the jabs, which didn't kick in until around 10.30am. With yesterday's jab, my arm was much more sore and stiff but I haven't felt quite so unwell, generally, as I did with the other three jabs, although I have taken two lots of paracetamol today and I'm going to bed early. I feel I'll probably be OK by tomorrow morning. My husband is in the next age group cohort and was able to book a Moderna bivalent for last week. He's had five C-19 jabs now and experiences milder side effects than I do - maybe because he is 6 years older than me.

Next week, I've got a flu jab booked and felt pretty rough when I had my first flu jab ever, last year, so I'm not looking forward to that. Would have preferred to have spaced them out a bit more, but I have total complex hip replacement surgery scheduled for 25 October and wanted to get both done before I go into hospital.

11. Mij

Mij Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Many here have gone to the hospital for issues unrelated to C-19 and contracted Covid. I would absolutely get all my shots, flu et before going to the hospital.

@Dx Revision Watch best wishes with your hip replacement surgery.

12. Mij

Mij Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I'm still on the fence for my 4th jab. I will get another jab but not sure if/when I'm ready.

13. Dx Revision Watch

Thank you, Mij. I'm having my surgery in a private hospital with only 30 single rooms with en suite bathrooms and I expect to be in for only one or two nights; which means I'll be exposed to far fewer other patients and staff than on a four to six bed NHS ward in a large, busy teaching hospital.

14. JemPD

JemPD Senior Member (Voting Rights)

15. Dx Revision Watch

Thank you, JemPD.

16. RedFox

RedFox Senior Member (Voting Rights)

AliceLily, Mij, MeSci and 7 others like this.
  17. Trish

Trish Moderator Staff Member

Best wishes from me too. I hope it goes well and you are soon more mobile and pain free.

AliceLily, Mij, MeSci and 6 others like this.
  18. ladycatlover

The weird dreams I had were more like nightmares than fun weird dreams. I wouldn't wish them on anyone!

19. Wonko

Yeah, mine were nightmares as well.

Guess I'm differently normal ;)

AliceLily, MeSci, Trish and 1 other person like this.
  20. Dx Revision Watch

Thank you, RedFox and Trish.

AliceLily, RedFox, MeSci and 2 others like this.