1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 18th March 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

Endorse the European ME Coalition's idea at The [2021] Conference on the Future of Europe

Discussion in 'Advocacy Action Alerts' started by Andy, Apr 26, 2021.

1. Andy

Andy Committee Member

What is the Conference on the Future of Europe?

The Conference on the Future of Europe is a unique and timely opportunity for European citizens to debate on Europe’s challenges and priorities. No matter where you are from or what you do, this is the place to think about what future you want for the European Union.

The European Parliament, the Council and the European Commission have committed to listen to Europeans and to follow up, within their sphere of competences, on the recommendations made.

By spring 2022, the Conference is expected to reach conclusions and provide guidance on the future of Europe.

https://futureu.europa.eu/pages/about

What is the idea?

"In the US, Australia and Canada governments have provided funds to stimulate scientific research into ME/CFS. In an open letter, 115 scientists called on the EU to “align itself with international developments by issuing a long-term commitment to invest in biomedical research into ME.”

The clinical picture of patients who develop long-lasting and debilitating symptoms after COVID-19 are often similar to those seen in ME/CFS. This indicates the importance of investing in research on postviral conditions.

What is urgently needed are funding opportunities within Horizon Europe with a focus on the pathomechanisms of severe, poorly understood illnesses with few treatment options and a high disease burden."

https://futureu.europa.eu/processes/Health/f/3/proposals/1352?locale=en

How to endorse the idea?

Click on the endorse button on the page linked above and complete the sign up. My assumption is that only citizens of the European Union are eligible to endorse ideas.

sebaaa, Barry, Kalliope and 17 others like this.
  2. Andy

Andy Committee Member

sebaaa, alktipping, Hutan and 5 others like this.
  3. alktipping

alktipping Senior Member (Voting Rights)

got as far as sign in . a large page called choose your language appeared and then nothing happened it just stayed on that page .

4. ME/CFS Skeptic

ME/CFS Skeptic Senior Member (Voting Rights)

It might look like your language is already selected but you have to press it again to go to the next screen. Maybe that is the issue.

alktipping likes this.
  5. alktipping

alktipping Senior Member (Voting Rights)

i did press it multiple times still the page would not progress . i will try again now . edited to add it has now progressed .

6. Dolphin

Dolphin Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Yeah, I’m getting stuck on this page. Have tried two browsers on my phone. Will try my PC later.

alktipping likes this.
  7. Dolphin

It still didn't work on my PC.
    I switched to accepting French and then it did work and I was able to approve it.
    However I'm not sure how much I will highlight it to my mainly English-speaking audience until this problem gets solved.

Andy and alktipping like this.
  8. ME/CFS Skeptic

ME/CFS Skeptic Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I understand. It's strange though because it seems to work fine for me (if I choose English as language)?

What exactly happens? You click on English as language on the page below and nothing happens?
    upload_2021-5-5_12-15-33.png

9. Dolphin

431E6E71-93B3-49CD-881F-88D0633A391A.png
    Yes. Behold four open tabs of mine where I got stuck on the page and can’t move

Attached Files:

10. Dolphin

Update: I tried today and it worked

ME/CFS Skeptic likes this.
  11. Ravn

Ravn Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Merged thread

Conference on the Future of Europe seeks input (incl. on health)

Don't know if this is worth spending any energy on, i.e. if anything would ever get actioned, but EU citizens are invited to submit their ideas, if anyone's interested.
    https://europa.eu/european-union/conference-future-europe_en

The health section:
    https://futureu.europa.eu/processes/Health

Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2021