1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 15th April 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

Flower Arranging Helps Reduce Fibromyalgia Pain

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia and Connective Tissue Disorders' started by shak8, Sep 16, 2019.

1. ladycatlover

ladycatlover Senior Member (Voting Rights)

We prefer to go for the single stem approach. Currently it's a single stem of Acidanthera. That way OH can actually manage to cope with it. ;) And I don't have to bother.

2. rvallee

rvallee Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Basically this, but sick instead of poor.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hutan, ladycatlover, MEMarge and 9 others like this.
  3. Simbindi

Simbindi Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I think you've hit the nail on the head there! My daughter recently said to me, 'All my friends' parents use cannabis for their pain now.' My immediate thought (as someone who has never taken illegal drugs) was, 'But how do they know where to get it?'

Last edited: Sep 17, 2019
    Arnie Pye, MEMarge, Annamaria and 8 others like this.
  4. shak8

shak8 Senior Member (Voting Rights)

No, I think that Israel is a big exporter of flowers. Perhaps some relative of the researchers was looking for a new market for leftover and wilting flowers from the Negev flower farms.

(https://www.israel21c.org/business-is-blooming-for-israeli-flowers/

Last edited: Sep 17, 2019
  5. Graham

Graham Senior Member (Voting Rights)

But there are certain skills you learn in flower arranging that can help. For example, to deal with wilting flowers you stand them up to their neck in a bucket of water overnight in the garage. So if you are wilting, clearly that is a technique worth trying. (There are other forms of wilting, but I'm not sure about the relevant advice there.)

Again, if it is just a question of a drooping head, stick a pin through the neck, or wrap florists' wire around it.

On the other hand, if the flower is going to seed, just wait for a while. Sometimes those that have gone to seed are the most attractive.

Hutan, shak8, ladycatlover and 5 others like this.
  6. Arnie Pye

Arnie Pye Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I could cope with the part where I put wilting flowers in a bucket of water. Unfortunately, I don't have a garage. Would a manky garden shed do?

Hutan, shak8, Annamaria and 4 others like this.