KPAX002 as a treatment for Myalgic Encephalomyelitis/Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (ME/CFS): a prospective, randomized trial, 2018, Montoya et al

Discussion in 'ME/CFS research' started by Andy, Apr 7, 2018.

1. Andy

Andy Committee Member

Press release from KPAX Pharmaceuticals - they don't seem to consider the results as negative, unsurprisingly.
    https://www.prnewswire.com/news-rel...chronic-fatigue-syndrome-mecfs-300633260.html

Hutan, Inara, Jan and 6 others like this.
  2. Milo

Milo Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Hutan, Jan, Indigophoton and 5 others like this.
  3. Wonko

Wonko Senior Member (Voting Rights)

So, does
    mean they consider ME to be an age related mitochondrial disease? If so how do they explain erm..children with ME?

Or am I overthinking what would appear to be a poor choice of words, or random scientific sounding brain fart?

Hutan, Squeezy, Inara and 5 others like this.
  4. Alvin

Alvin Senior Member (Voting Rights)

You are not overthinking, your exposing flaws in their logic. Their motive makes some sense but it really does sound like they are just chasing dollar signs as i have mentioned in the other threads addressing this "drug"

Wonko, Trish and Andy like this.
  5. Snow Leopard

Snow Leopard Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Trish, Andy and Milo like this.
  6. Trish

Trish Moderator Staff Member

Is anyone here going to contact the researchers and ask for their comment on this press release? Their research is being misrepresented and misused by the drug company.

@dave30th it looks like it's not just BPS null trials that suffer from spin. This is a clear case of a press release that claims success for a null trial.

Hutan, Inara, Milo and 3 others like this.
  7. Alvin

Alvin Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Between this and the researchers behind the shopping bag trial on top of everything else happening i think we have enough to keep David Tuller going for quite a while, i'll need to double my donation (which will then be matched/doubled again) to pay his salary :)

Inara, Indigophoton, Webdog and 5 others like this.
  8. Melanie

Melanie Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Yes, I was very confused when I saw the press release as opposed to the study results.

Inara and Nellie like this.
  9. Webdog

Webdog Senior Member (Voting Rights)

KPAX002 for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome part 2: controlled study says no

https://questioning-answers.blogspo...atigue-syndrome-controlled-study-says-no.html

Hutan, andypants, Inara and 3 others like this.