1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 15th April 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

#MillionsMissing 2020 UK

Discussion in 'Advocacy Projects and Campaigns' started by Sly Saint, Apr 20, 2020.

1. Sly Saint

Sly Saint Senior Member (Voting Rights)

email from #MEAction

MEMarge, ScottTriGuy, JaneL and 9 others like this.
  2. Cinders66

Cinders66 Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I’d like to know what specifics around research #MEAction U.K. are ‘working towards”. I don’t know what number #millions missing this is but I do know I’ve spent many years in bed waiting for action and real progress on research (real progress meaning a sizeable investment in total, from somewhere, year on year across a range of key areas of potential importance in ME). This new decades for me been the hardest of my life and I just don’t know how much longer I can wait (and rot) until we get things properly started and set up in the UK.

I also have concerns with tying ME in with Florence nightingales illness. Is it the case she was very productive from her bed? this would be quite atypical for house or bedbound ME so I’m not sure if the parallels are good to draw, is it known if she probably had ME or why she was in bed? However with the covid thing and the London nightingale hospital etc its certainly very topical ....

the lines of the video look very good , I just would like to know the concrete targets on research and how it’s plotted to get there.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2020
    TiredSam and alktipping like this.