1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 8th April 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

News From Jarred Younger / Neuroinflammation, Pain, and Fatigue Laboratory at UAB, From Aug 2020

Discussion in 'ME/CFS research news' started by wigglethemouse, Aug 4, 2020.

1. wigglethemouse

wigglethemouse Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Last edited: Aug 4, 2020
    Alton, Kitty, EzzieD and 16 others like this.
  2. wigglethemouse

A couple of weeks ago he posted on the status of the papers he talked about at the Australia conference.
    The dextromethorphan paper he refers too is a low dose treatment clinical trial for FM.
    Code:
    https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=2692627934348282&id=1543963919214695

Last edited: Aug 4, 2020
    Kitty, andypants, Andy and 10 others like this.
  3. wigglethemouse

Post from 3rd Aug 2020 - exciting that he has a lot of treatment trials that may be relevant for ME/CFS
    Code:
    https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=2704341869843555&id=1543963919214695

Kitty, andypants, Andy and 13 others like this.
  4. Jaybee00

Jaybee00 Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Not optimistic that ANY of these will help people with MECFS.

Also not a fan of folks who call their OWN work ambitious.

Alton, Kitty, brf and 10 others like this.
  5. Lisa108

Lisa108 Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Last edited: Aug 5, 2020
  6. Amw66

Amw66 Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Link ?

7. Gaspard

Gaspard Established Member

You can click the word 'Here'.

Amw66 likes this.
  8. Amw66

Amw66 Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Gaspard likes this.
  9. wigglethemouse

I interpreted "ambitious" as referring to testing nine different potential treatments in a single clinical trial. Hope that clarifies.

Kitty, Sarah94 and Lisa108 like this.
  10. wigglethemouse

I too have a real hard time seeing embedded links especially in short words. It would be great if someone could tweak the colour scheme to find a way to emphasise them better.

Kitty and Amw66 like this.
  11. Lisa108

Lisa108 Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Sorry for the confusion, I embedded the video in my original post for better visibility.

Kitty, Wonko, Trish and 1 other person like this.
  12. spinoza577

spinoza577 Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I havn´t watched the video or read the paper, so I don´t know what "low dose" exactly means here,
    but in general I find low dose applications much better than normal ones.

I once tried Dextrometorphan (in normal dose) for my ME/CFS, but it worked only for one time very well.

But I want to emphasize once more low dose and even very low dose, this might actually be a key
    (although I am talking in my case about rather special supps, and upon avoidances).

Hope, they get some clue anyway.

Kitty, Michelle, MeSci and 2 others like this.
  13. wigglethemouse

Jarred Younger is still recruiting and is looking for participants close to his lab in Birmingham Alabama. He doesn't say which particular study this. At a guess I would say this is his NIH brain imaging study.
    [He along with a colleague also has an immune cell study https://www.s4me.info/threads/track...ing-zr-89-oxinate-4-labeled-leukocytes.11625/]
    Code:
    https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=2706181776326231&id=1543963919214695 

Arisoned, Kitty, Michelle and 3 others like this.
  14. Cfs2222

Cfs2222 Established Member (Voting Rights)

I actually belive this guy 100%

My Brain is definetly inflamed

Whether that’s an overactive hypothalamus or something else I’m not sure but I’m fully behind this guy

Reason being I’ve managed to switch off the brain or inflammation a few times doing various things and the symptoms of m.e did actually go, sadly it was only temporarily but I believe this man is in the right track

Arisoned, Mithriel and Amw66 like this.
  15. Hoopoe

Hoopoe Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Last edited: Nov 16, 2021
    Binkie4, cfsandmore, Wyva and 15 others like this.
  16. dreampop

dreampop Senior Member (Voting Rights)

The study on "hot" brains wasn't altogether convincing with a very small sample size, and probably some discrepancies between the controls and patients. I'm not sure about the neuroinflammation finding/findings. The study is available here.

17. LarsSG

LarsSG Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Solve M.E. webinar, June 23: How We Can See ME/CFS Inflammation in the Brain

Dr. Jarred Younger’s 2016 Ramsay Award was used to show that brain temperature is elevated in ME/CFS. This increased temperature is a sign of brain inflammation. The findings are now being replicated in a large group of individuals with ME/CFS.

Dr. Younger’s lab is now developing new magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) and positron emission tomography (PET) scans that can determine whether someone is suffering from brain inflammation. The goal of this research is to conclusively show that brain inflammation should be made a primary target for ME/CFS treatment.

In this webinar, Dr. Younger will give updates on the brain inflammation research, describe the studies coming up, and discuss directions for improved ME/CFS treatment

18. Jaybee00

Jaybee00 Senior Member (Voting Rights)

19. Sly Saint

Sly Saint Senior Member (Voting Rights)

https://www.residency.peds.uab.edu/...unities/itemlist/tag/chronic fatigue syndrome

RedFox, shak8, cassava7 and 1 other person like this.
  20. Milo

Milo Senior Member (Voting Rights)