1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 18th March 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

Red-brown speckles on palm of hands and fingers

Discussion in 'General and other signs and symptoms' started by Dechi, Jul 18, 2018.

1. Densen420

Densen420 New Member

Hello. Im another one with that problem. My doctor has no clue...
    now im waiting for my appointment at the skin ambulance.
    In my eyes... im a nurse... its not a skin problem. It looks like micro
    bleedings. The skin is transporting these brown tiny spots to the surface.
    They look like oxidized blood to me.
    I recognized them about 3 years ago. There are harmless in my eyes.
    Only problem is them get a little bigger each time they appear. And some of
    them now cause an inflamed area and that hurts a little. The skin is getting very
    dry at those areas.
    The 2 pics show the right hand. And 4 pics show 50x and 500x digital microscope pictures
    of the "spots".

IMG-20190505-WA0000.jpg IMG-20190506-WA0000.jpg received_430633397747907.jpeg received_2643167255909725.jpeg received_735256446869866.jpeg received_2341800659421529.jpeg

Marky and Dechi like this.
  2. Dechi

Dechi Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Yours are different than mine. A lot bigger, and they look like they stick out of the skin a little bit ? I agree in my case also it could be tiny speckles of blood.

The last photos look disgusting, lol !

Densen420 likes this.
  3. Densen420

Densen420 New Member

3 years ago it started like your tiny spots. every cycle they become a little more and bigger. First it was only my right hand since 6 months the spots appear on the left hand too. to answer your question... yes the blood spots leave a raised cornea in my case. ... and yes i agree! ... microscopic skin picrures are the opposite of beautiful. :emoji_microscope::nailbiting:

Dechi and feeb like this.
  4. TiredSam

TiredSam Committee Member

Ambulanz = outpatients' department.
    Ambulance = Krankenwagen.

Free language lessons at S4ME ;)

Densen420, shak8, Yessica and 3 others like this.
  5. shak8

shak8 Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Biopsy those buggers

Marky likes this.
  6. Marky

Marky Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Wow i cant believe i finally found someone with similar issues, but it makes sense its from someone with the same disease!
    I showed the following to a dermatologist, but she had no idea what it was, and said we would not find out via biopsy either. The big red area has been there for like 3 years (sometimes its almost glowing, and sometimes its pale),and I frequently get those small petechiae-like spots on my left arm. Im not sure what to do with it, maybe go to a hematologist i guess?

Link to pics: [​IMG]

@Jonathan Edwards

7. Dechi

@Marky the first picture doesn’t show up.

8. Marky

You dont get three pics? Hmm weird it comes up here

Dechi likes this.
  9. cargova

cargova New Member

I finally just went to a dermatologist about these dots that I previously posted pics of (Dechi's appear to be the exact same as mine). She says it's just broken capillaries, nothing to worry about. No sign of anything infectious, cancerous etc. Said she usually sees it in construction workers, baseball players, etc people that work with their hands. I told her how hard it is to find a pic of this exact thing on the internet (as his is the only one I've ever seen) and she said she doesn't see this very often, maybe twice a year. I asked if it could be stress related at all and she said she didn't think so, but it's not out of the realm of possibility that it could play a small part as "stress does a lot of weird things to your body." I asked about the halo appearing beforehand and she answered that with some kind of science stuff that I dont remember. But yea, just harmless broken capillaries.

Dechi and Marky like this.
  10. Dechi

Only one picture, of your arm and the petachiae.

Marky likes this.
  11. Marky

Oh.There should be an option to scroll if you hover over the picture with ur mouse? Doesnt matter too much i guess, the other picture was just of the petachiae on my biceps one day, and one where the red area is less glowy. I tried uploading the pics here directly but they were too large (jpg.-format)

Does this work:

Thats the type of dots i get on my left arm mainly

Dechi likes this.
  12. Dechi

No, scrolling doesn’t work, but it must be because I’m on a tablet. I now see ypur picture. Your dots are very different than mine. It looks like petachiae, but spread out. Are you going to have someone look at it ?

Marky likes this.
  13. Marky

Ah ok! Yeah, but I`m not sure where to go with it.. Dermatologist didnt know what it was. I guess I try a hematologist

14. butter.

butter. Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Did you figure this out? Having same issues!

15. Marky

I didnt, but the problem has just disappeared. I rarely get it now

TiredSam likes this.