1. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 22nd November 2021 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

UK: NICE Guideline: Rehabilitation for Chronic Neurological Disorders Including Traumatic Brain Injury

Discussion in 'Other guidelines with public consultation process' started by Andy, Jan 5, 2021.

1. Andy

Andy Committee Member (& Outreach when energy allows)

An email from NICE has highlighted that they are developing a guideline on Rehabilitation for Chronic Neurological Disorders Including Traumatic Brain Injury.

In theory, NICE, rightly or wrongly, recognise ME as a neurological condition, so I would assume that ME will be included in this.

Tagging @PhysiosforME @Gecko for info.

ETA:This is the relevant page on the NICE website, https://www.nice.org.uk/guidance/indevelopment/gid-ng10181

Last edited: Jan 5, 2021
  2. Jonathan Edwards

Jonathan Edwards Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Interesting. Sounds as if it could be a can of worms that needs a bit a sorting out.
    Did S4ME get an email as a potential stakeholder?

3. Andy

It wasn't an invitation to us specifically, it was a generic informational email about the latest guidelines they are developing that they send to all stakeholders who opt in to them.

4. Barry

Barry Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Presumably if it does, then it would be best to simply xref to the new ME/CFS guideline.

5. Jonathan Edwards

That sounds good enough - presumably S4ME can apply to attend scoping as and when, if such things exist under lockdown. Unless of course interested parties have already muscled in and got started.

6. Andy

Well, I've sent them an email asking how to register for it as their website doesn't give me an option to do so. I'll see what they come back with.

7. Andy

NICE haven't come back to me yet but checking this page, https://www.nice.org.uk/guidance/indevelopment/gid-ng10181, it now has a link to register as a stakeholder, so I have just applied on behalf of the forum.

8. Jonathan Edwards