1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 8th April 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

UK RCPCH: Myalgic encephalomyelitis (or encephalopathy)/chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS) - Member briefing on new NICE guideline

Discussion in '2020 UK NICE ME/CFS Guideline' started by Sly Saint, Nov 17, 2021.

1. Sly Saint

Sly Saint Senior Member (Voting Rights)

https://www.rcpch.ac.uk/resources/me-cfs-nice-clinical-guideline-member-briefing

2. Solstice

Solstice Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Some of the stuff that could be construed as positive isn't because of the people that will likely be involved. Seen how parents of children with M.E. and the children themselves have been mistreated in the past this seems to leave the door wide open for more of that. Be careful, but carry on.

But maybe I'm misinterpreting.

3. adambeyoncelowe

adambeyoncelowe Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Reading their briefing, it seems their complaints are minor. The GL already says you can consider reviews more frequently than six months, so that complaint seems churlish.

Their GET comment seems misleading. And could possibly get their members in trouble. If they aren't offering GET, they shouldn't call it GET (and arguably, whatever they're offering is unevidenced anyway).

In general, though, it doesn't seem to add much.

4. CRG

CRG Senior Member (Voting Rights)