United Kingdom: National Health Service (NHS) news

Discussion in 'News from organisations' started by NelliePledge, Mar 17, 2018.

1. Jonathan Edwards

Jonathan Edwards Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Probably largely responsible for the disastrous finances of the NHS now through the PFI fiasco though. If he had invested public money in 2000-2005 we wouldn't be paying back vasts sums in rent to private equity firms. The long term value for money was appalling.

Sean, alktipping, MEMarge and 7 others like this.
  2. bobbler

bobbler Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Aw gawd both seem personable outside our arena but historically regarding me/cfs these seem two very different beasts not that I know for sure what Jacquu thinks on all the tendrils that massively affect us?

but then I don’t know much about Meddings or whether it’s normal for that role to have ex politicians near it

chairman is always a funny one that can depend on the person the the role about how ‘hands on’ it is as a position in some places

Last edited: Oct 17, 2024
  3. bobbler

Am I remembering wrongly in thinking millburn was very pro CBT and iapt etc back in the day? Of course I’m very open to someone having read the results and changed their mind on things over such a time period and if so that insight being more useful than a naive kind to persuade with the same sakes spiel etc

4. JemPD

JemPD Senior Member (Voting Rights)

10 Bucks says its Wessely

:eek::eek::eek:

:D:D:D

5. Kitty

Kitty Senior Member (Voting Rights)

If they're anything like the local schools built under it, their useful lifespan isn't much longer than the rental contract. We'll soon be back to square one, with the only durable asset gained being a ready-levelled building plot and an asphalt drive.

In the case of the NHS, the building plot's probably more likely to be the wrong size and in the wrong place as well.

6. Jonathan Edwards

An asphalt drive! Thee wert looky. At UCH we had nowt. Nowhere to park an ambulance rickshaw monocycle.

7. Jonathan Edwards

8. bobbler

Still just reading through this and not opened the reports and plans and research it refers to. It’s from 2002/3

https://hansard.parliament.uk/Commons/2002-01-22/debates/a75516dc-531d-4229-8959-33b20f9081ae/CfsMe

So no idea yet if this is where it went from a good medical officers report to a different path, or if this is good and the rest happened later and where and how?

couldn’t help but note the same conundrums we still deal with now where on prevalence Jacqueline smith has had to say they don’t have central figures but are basing need on the estimate if 4,000 per million of population.

Peter Trewhitt, Kitty and alktipping like this.
  9. bobbler

Yep

I think this one needs looking into carefully

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Improving_Access_to_Psychological_Therapies

I also have a memory of a tv programme that looked back on new labour where he is an architect of strong views on certain things

Peter Trewhitt and Sean like this.
  10. bobbler

Peter Trewhitt likes this.
  11. bobbler

Peter Trewhitt and Sean like this.