Well-known, famous people with Covid-19 and Long Covid

Discussion in 'Long Covid news' started by Forbin, Mar 27, 2020.

1. Mij

Mij Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Paralympic champion Lauren Steadman says she "doesn't feel ready" to compete after suffering from long Covid, despite being named in the British triathlon squad for Paris 2024.

"Covid attacked my central nervous system, and I’ve had long Covid since," she told BBC Sport. "I haven't had the preparation I would like to have done, the medical staff have looked after my training.

"The normal benchmarks for me to work out how I have been doing, but I haven't been on a blue carpet this week, I haven't raced any of the girls so I don't know where they are at or where I'm at. So there are a lot of unknowns.

"But I only have one body, I respect it, and we have another six weeks. I just have to have confidence and use my experience that my body will get me there. You cannot push things when it comes to breathing."

LINK

Kitty, Sean, forestglip and 1 other person like this.
  2. Mij

Defending Olympic MTB champion and time trial silver medalist suffering health issues.

Jolanda Neff cyclist:

"I've had the same problem for four years. I don't know what it is, but I can't get much air when I breathe. I've had corona[virus] three times and I don't know if my lungs have been damaged in any way as a result. I've also had severe hay fever since 2016. I had that more or less under control."

Neff has been diagnosed with exertion-related constriction of the vocal cords and while she has undergone therapy to treat the condition, she is not ready to compete at the Olympics.

"I would prefer it if someone else went. I don't have to go to the Olympics to come last. I only want to take part if I can perform," Neff said in May.

LINK

Ariel, Kitty, Trish and 2 others like this.
  3. Eleanor

Eleanor Senior Member (Voting Rights)

https://mastodon.social/@_slotek_/112847835155852556

Sean, SNT Gatchaman, Kitty and 2 others like this.
  4. Mij

We have a little discussion about Pogačar here

Kitty and Peter Trewhitt like this.
  5. Eleanor

Eleanor Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Ah thank you, that's not a thread I normally look at!

Kitty, Peter Trewhitt and Mij like this.