Well-known, famous people with Covid-19 and Long Covid

Discussion in 'Long Covid news' started by Forbin, Mar 27, 2020.

1. Mij

Mij Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Krein Bons is stepping down as CEO of jewellery chain Lucardi due to health reasons. The Dutch chain has started looking for a successor for the former vanHaren CEO and Deichmann director, while other board members will temporarily take over his tasks.

Long covid
    Bons only started as CEO at Lucardi in February this year, but now has to resign his position due to health reasons. He is said to be struggling with the effects of long covid, RetailTrends reports, but the CEO will remain involved with Lucardi as an advisor.

The jewellery retailer, which has nearly 140 shops and 1,100 employees, is implementing a new shop concept, opened pilot shops in Belgium and Germany and launched a new webshop just today.

Bons was CEO at vanHaren for 26 years and brought the shoe chain to Belgium. In May 2022, he announced his departure from the company to take things a little easier. He is also chairman of trade association InRetail.

LINK

RedFox, MeSci, Arnie Pye and 8 others like this.
  2. SNT Gatchaman

SNT Gatchaman Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Tell me again about those secondary gains.

Joan Crawford, EzzieD, shak8 and 14 others like this.
  3. NelliePledge

NelliePledge Moderator Staff Member

CEO malingering :whistle:

Joan Crawford, lycaena, shak8 and 8 others like this.
  4. TiredSam

TiredSam Committee Member

Type A personality innit.

5. forestglip

forestglip Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Dianna Cowern aka Physics Girl's Instagram

449137858_1036290231191450_4127775493946259946_n.jpg

"In one week Dianna is live-streaming a full day of her life to share what the experience is like for someone suffering from chronic fatigue. Dianna and Kyle are raising money to support research and clinical trials for long COVID.

The live stream will take place Saturday, July 6th 2024, from 6:45 AM(PT) to 6:00 PM(PT).

The live stream will consists of seeing Dianna, and what she does every day as a person with long COVID, interspersed with QnA's for the audience to ask anything they want, and a series of interviews with experts in the industry helping us all better understand the disease.

We hope you join and help us raise awareness for those suffering from this disease."

Last edited: Jun 30, 2024 at 5:22 PM
    rvallee, Sean, mango and 2 others like this.
  6. Yann04

Yann04 Senior Member (Voting Rights)

awesome initiative but comon “chronic fatigue”….

rvallee, Joan Crawford, MeSci and 6 others like this.
  7. Yann04

The description seems to have changed for much the better
    upload_2024-6-30_21-39-53.png

MeSci, EzzieD, Peter Trewhitt and 4 others like this.
  8. forestglip

She's almost certainly not writing any of this herself. Almost all her tweets are written by her husband. I'd assume he would be pretty familiar with terminology by now, but maybe it's someone else from her team that did this one.

EndME, rvallee, MeSci and 3 others like this.
  9. Mij

Mij Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I personally don't know who she is. Perhaps a t.v 'reality star' or broadcaster in the U.K?

'They think it's glandular fever, an big infection & an abscess in my throat. I didn't allow myself any recovery time after covid & it's just compromised my immune system I suppose- I haven't allowed myself any downtime this year,'

' have burn the candle at both ends, worked a punishing schedule & ignored all signs that my body was desperate for a break; feeling drained, overwhelmed, can't sleep at night for anxiety exhausted in the morning, loss of appetite, not prioritising my exercise- I haven't done anything since the half marathon in April which is so unlike me'.

LINK

forestglip and Peter Trewhitt like this.
  10. NelliePledge

NelliePledge Moderator Staff Member

Yes @Mij she has been on a reality tv programme

Mij, forestglip and Peter Trewhitt like this.
  11. lycaena

lycaena Senior Member (Voting Rights)

12. SNT Gatchaman

SNT Gatchaman Senior Member (Voting Rights)

The article is archived here.

13. forestglip

The physician is Natalie Grams.

14. alktipping

alktipping Senior Member (Voting Rights)

" It may be that there is a large psychological component in some patients. But to winged off before you have examined, must not be." this sentence says it all others could be safely thrown in the psych bin but not me . privileged behaviour indeed .

rvallee, Yann04, Sean and 3 others like this.
  15. lycaena

lycaena Senior Member (Voting Rights)

The newspaper article is from February this year and was written in an early phase of her Longcovid. Her Instagram account is very symphatic, unfortunately not many followers yet, as she was on Twitter before her illness.

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/doc.natalie.grams?igsh=YnhxdXBiMTNkcTk3 (in German language)

Last edited: Jul 2, 2024 at 12:59 PM
    alktipping and Yann04 like this.
  16. Yann04

Yeah honestly I don’t think we can blame people for half-believing BPS stuff at first. It’s really hard not to get bombarded with it when you first learn about the illnrss sadly. Thoigh to be fair she is a doctor so we should have higher (or maybe actually lower?) expectations.