1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 8th April 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

CDC announces Infection Initiated Chronic Conditions Understanding and Engagement (ICUE) program

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS news' started by rvallee, Dec 5, 2022.

1. rvallee

rvallee Senior Member (Voting Rights)

New CDC Foundation Program Focuses on Creating Partnerships to Address Chronic Conditions Caused by Infections, Including Long COVID
    https://www.prnewswire.com/news-rel...nfections-including-long-covid-301694675.html

People with Long COVID can develop symptoms, including activity limitation, difficulty breathing and chest or muscle pain, that are hard to distinguish from other causes. These symptoms can persist even when medical exams such as x-rays and blood tests are normal, making it difficult for patients to get an accurate diagnosis or care. Long COVID can severely hinder a person's ability to work, attend school or engage in everyday activities. These are struggles that many people with infection-related chronic conditions—including myalgic encephalomyelitis/chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia and post-treatment Lyme disease syndrome (PTLDS)— also experience.

This better not be the whole budget because otherwise it would qualify as a cruel joke and a textbook example of showing priorities through budgets.

This project is supported by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) as part of a financial assistance award totaling $250,000 with 100 percent funded by CDC/HHS.

Simon M, RedFox, DokaGirl and 10 others like this.
  2. rvallee

rvallee Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Seriously, this better not be the whole budget. My ex-girlfriend was studio manager for a major video game development company and their Christmas party was more expensive than this.

Sly Saint, obeat, DokaGirl and 11 others like this.
  3. duncan

duncan Senior Member (Voting Rights)

The CDC should never play poker. This is the opposite of a poker face.

4. DokaGirl

DokaGirl Senior Member (Voting Rights)

The voluntary and non-profit sectors are always expected to do a lot for not much compensation.

Not that this view makes it right. Not at all.

alktipping and RedFox like this.
  5. RedFox

RedFox Senior Member (Voting Rights)

It sounds like they're just hosting a bunch of meetings between ME, long Covid, etc. advocacy groups. I see a possibility for benefits, but not concrete or direct ones.

alktipping, Trish and DokaGirl like this.