1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 8th April 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

Coining a term for being limited in your interrelated energy and time.

Discussion in 'General Advocacy Discussions' started by Arvo, Feb 11, 2022.

1. dratalanta

dratalanta Established Member (Voting Rights)

I think of it more as an exertional budget.

“Activity” seems like a slightly grand term for what puts a dent in my exertional budget (e.g. drinking some water, or making this post).

It’s a budget for me, rather than a quota, because I can move my allocation a little from one day to another. But if I “borrow” beyond what I have “saved up” then the interest repayments can be extortionate, reducing what I have left to spend in my exertional budget for the next day/week/month.

Arvo, Wonko, Trish and 2 others like this.
  2. eva luna

eva luna Established Member

exertion intolerance:
    exertion as in physical, intellectual or emotional
    intolerance as in gluten or fructose intolerant: not too much, not too much at once

Arvo, NelliePledge and Trish like this.
  3. Sbag

Sbag Senior Member (Voting Rights)

How about “energy bank”

this gives the idea that there is only a certain amount of energy available and you could then use the analogy of going over budget incurring an extra cost (paying interest) to get back to base level

Arvo likes this.
  4. Arvo

Arvo Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Thank you all for your contributions, I really enjoyed reading your diverse responses.

I'm currently not doing well unfortunately, and am using my very limited....er....well there you go :laugh:...my very limited trying-to-not-cause-deep-PEM-budget for self care or writing attempt.

But I will certainly come back to this topic to let my thoughts simmer on it when I have more space.

Much love to you all. X

AliceLily, Lilas, ahimsa and 4 others like this.