Covid-19 vaccination experiences

Discussion in 'Epidemics (including Covid-19, not Long Covid)' started by Wits_End, Feb 21, 2021.

1. TigerLilea

TigerLilea Senior Member (Voting Rights)

:hug:

A few side-effects are okay. You just don't want to get any adverse reactions. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you that this is as bad as it gets for you.

Binkie4, AliceLily, Kitty and 8 others like this.
  2. TiredSam

TiredSam Committee Member

I didn't have any, apart from a tingling / numbness in my face for the rest of the day.

Binkie4, AliceLily, Kitty and 7 others like this.
  3. Forbin

Forbin Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Well, I got my 4th vaccine shot of the year... OK, it was a flu shot, but it was the most painful of the four. There was a real burning sensation under the skin near but not at the point of injection. It didn't feel like the needle hit a nerve. It felt like something very "hot" was spreading under the skin. My best guess is that the vaccine was actually too cold, having not had enough time to "defrost" - - although I don't know if flu vaccines are kept all that cold.

While signing up for the shot, I was asked if I wanted to get the shingles vaccine at the same time, but I prefer not to get multiple vaccines at once, mainly because I don't want to have to guess which of the shots might be giving me side effects, if any.

So, after the shot, as the pharmacist is walking away, he turns to me and says, "You did want the shingles shot, right?" And I say, "Wait... Was that the shingles shot?" and he just smiles at me and says, "That was the flu shot" and walks away.

So, in addition to every other cause for concern since Covid hit, now I have a pharmacist who thinks he's a comedian. :eek:

Last edited: Dec 21, 2021
    Skycloud, Wits_End, Missense and 15 others like this.
  4. Wyva

Wyva Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I take the flu shot every year. When I went to get it for the first time, my (then brand new) GP started to look for the vaccines and said: Hm, I wonder if I need to open a new box. No, I'll just use the old expired ones from last year, we have to get rid of those too.

Then he picked up a vaccine and said: Just kidding!

Skycloud, Missense, Binkie4 and 11 others like this.
  5. TiredSam

TiredSam Committee Member

I had a doctor until about 15 years ago who thought it was funny to call me Sir Samuel (what with me being British and all). I went for a routine vaccination once and was sitting waiting with my sleeve rolled up when he burst into the room holding the needle aloft, and said "Samuel, receive the pain!"

Skycloud, Missense, Binkie4 and 10 others like this.
  6. JemPD

JemPD Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Now 8 days since pfizer booster & i feel bl'dy awful. I started day 2 with 'flu like' - to be expected. But it hasnt gone away yet. Not panicking, just very fed up.

At least i hope it's still the jab effects... if its now PEM, after the minute amount of activity i been doing... that would be.... well lets just say i pray it isnt.

Please dont anyone who has had long term ME exacerbation/worseing after jab, pls dont respond to me with 'thats how it started for me', i have already clocked that & dont want to be reminded!;):)

ETA: I was expecting pfizer to affect me a lot less :/ I know its daft but everyone i know personally who has had pfizer either as original 2 doses or boosters, has had no impact at all other than sore arm, so i was expecting minimal effects.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2021
    Skycloud, Missense, Binkie4 and 11 others like this.
  7. Snow Leopard

Snow Leopard Senior Member (Voting Rights)

@Forbin, @Wyva
    I'd tell those medical practitioners not to give up their day job, because they aren't very funny. I don't think joking about medical malpractice is funny.

Skycloud, Missense, Binkie4 and 8 others like this.
  8. Leila

Leila Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I got my booster 6 days ago.

The "vaccine arm" lasted 3 days, more headache and lots of fatigue/weakness (on top of the usual one) still going.

No other flu like symptoms this time.

So I'd say my reaction is a lot less compared to the first one but more compared the second one.

Unfortunately I got a notification from my warning app that I had been in contact with a C+ person. Ironically it happened on that day I went for the booster.

I'll try to get a PCR tomorrow and hope it will come back before the Holidays.

Edit grammar

Sean, Binkie4, AliceLily and 7 others like this.
  9. Peter Trewhitt

Peter Trewhitt Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Fingers crossed.

10. MeSci

MeSci Senior Member (Voting Rights)

What's a C+ person, @Leila?

Binkie4, AliceLily and Peter Trewhitt like this.
  11. Snow Leopard

Snow Leopard Senior Member (Voting Rights)

COVID positive.

MeSci, Binkie4, AliceLily and 3 others like this.
  12. Mij

Mij Senior Member (Voting Rights)

They are now saying that you need to wait 30 days after testing positive to have the 3rd jab.

13. FMMM1

FMMM1 Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Family member(s) have been looking at this. Slight nuance, 28 days from the date symptoms first appeared --- i.e. rather than 28 days from a positive test ---- brought target vaccination date forward for my family member (UK).

14. Peter Trewhitt

There must be a margin of error.

My niece in New York recently tested positive for Covid two days after having the booster. She was having lateral flow tests every few days, and met with some friends (all twice vaccinated/tested negative) over the weekend before last, then two days later she had her booster, then a further two days after tested positive for Covid, and only subsequently started displaying any symptoms.

Both she and her boyfriend now have active symptomatic infections as do several others who attended the weekend gathering.

FMMM1, MeSci, Sean and 5 others like this.
  15. AliceLily

AliceLily Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I had a slight numb feeling in my lips for a hour or two after my 2nd dose Pfizer. I forgot to mention it in my previous post because it was so vague and fleeting, but obviously it must have been a reaction in that I had noticed something, even though low level.

Mij, MeSci, hibiscuswahine and 3 others like this.
  16. AliceLily

AliceLily Senior Member (Voting Rights)

@Mij Our government (NZ) has now reduced the time from 6 months to 4 for our boosters which means I can get mine after the 1st Jan.

Does anyone know whether we get a 4th booster or is it too early yet. I guess the vaccine companies will be making better vaccines over the next 4-5 months. I want to get another vaccine in May before our winter begins.

Mij, Sean, hibiscuswahine and 2 others like this.
  17. alex3619

alex3619 Senior Member (Voting Rights)

A fourth booster is likely to be one of the updated vaccines that works better on Omicron. So not yet.

Just had my booster shot, Pfizer after two Astra Zeneca. Will post further observations in this post rather than a new one. It was only half an hour ago, so I have nothing to add yet.

Almost a day later and the only two symptoms so far are a slight injection site pain and more pain in other injuries in that arm. Nothing else, at least not yet.

More than two days later and no new symptoms. This might be my final entry for this jab. The injection site still stings though, but only barely. Its not a problem.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2021
    Snow Leopard, Mij, MeSci and 8 others like this.
  18. Peter Trewhitt

Here in the UK I am aware of several individuals classified in the highest at risk grouping as having been offered a fourth injection, though it seems as something coming soon rather than something to book for next week. The two I know best (one with a lung condition and the other with type 1 Diabetes) were amongst the earliest to have had the two vaccines and the booster.

19. Kitty

Kitty Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Yes, me too. Though in their case, their primary course of immunisation was described as consisting of three doses rather than two, so the fourth jab is their booster. At least one of them has been told to expect their appointment fairly soon.

20. Wonko

Wonko Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Someone has been told something about being vaccinated.

That's unusual.

Kitty, Peter Trewhitt and Binkie4 like this.