Closed England & Wales: Survey: Involving adults with severe ME/CFS symptoms in developing a NICE guideline on ME/CFS

Discussion in 'Recruitment into current ME/CFS research studies' started by Andy, Nov 14, 2019.

1. Barry

Barry Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Given this is intended for severe pwME, that is an appalling state of affairs.

MEMarge, alktipping and Wonko like this.
  2. Trish

Trish Moderator Staff Member

I suspect it was set up in a hurry and not properly tested before going live. I think Keith Geraghty has been given a very short time span to do the research and report to NICE.

3. NelliePledge

NelliePledge Moderator Staff Member

Agreed but NICE must have experience of seeking input from seriously ill patient groups. There should be a service standard for their questionnaires. The IT issues are fairly basic requirements that should be capable of being delivered even on a rush job.

4. Gecko

Gecko Senior Member (Voting Rights)

https://twitter.com/user/status/1196093633587486722

Tweet from Keith at 3:51pm today (Sunday 17th 2019) saying:
    Glad to hear they've had a big response, really hope they've had enough input from those with severe ME, and that those who want to have had enough time to respond.

MEMarge, rvallee, EzzieD and 9 others like this.
  5. Sly Saint

Sly Saint Senior Member (Voting Rights)

6. Amw66

Amw66 Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Seems like some similar issues to the paediatric survey.
    Perhaps in future those whom the survey is aimed at could advise re a range of formats for information capture.
    Sadly a one size fits all doesn't t work

Andy and Trish like this.