Monitoring app - Visible - a platform "designed for any invisible illness that benefits from resting and pacing - including ME/CFS & Long Covid."

Discussion in 'Monitoring and pacing' started by Andy, Nov 25, 2021.

1. MrMagoo

MrMagoo Senior Member (Voting Rights)

JellyBabyKid, Amw66 and Trish like this.
  2. LJord

LJord Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Where is that? I haven’t seen this. So far it’s symptom severity but I’m thinking I’m looking in the wrong place.

3. MrMagoo

It’s the new monthly thing on the home page. I don’t know if it’s because I’m on the paid version though?

4. MrMagoo

It only “appears” on the Home Screen once a month, after that it’s listed in your Profile, just above Health Report PDF

5. LJord

Huh. I have no memory of a questionnaire. But I do see previous health reports.

6. LJord

I sometimes worry about my memory.

Ash likes this.
  7. MrMagoo

The health reports are different, they’re generated from your info.
    It should be above health report on the profile page.

Maybe the monthly FUNCAP was rolled out to paid members first? I had trouble with opening it.

8. LJord

I did the FUNCAP yesterday and I do remember now. I’m not sure how I feel about it. It says I’ve improved. I’m finding that I’m getting so much information that I don’t really know what to do with.

Ash and Trish like this.
  9. MrMagoo

I think the FUNCAP is supposed to gather like 12 months of data, it’s to give a view over time if things vary (or not) we all have better or worse months sometimes.

Trish likes this.
  10. MrMagoo

We’re supposed to be able to give the data or health reports to our clinicians - like they care- so they can help us. Good luck with that.

Ash, JellyBabyKid, Trish and 2 others like this.
  11. MrMagoo

I’ve been making an effort to try to do one day per week under my daily allowance. Of course, I could always alter the daily allowance myself, but I know I need to do less, and rest more.
    I’m finding that easier than logging every little activity, to be honest. I’ve seen now what each regular activity “costs” I just need to get my general ADL’s reduced (somehow).

Ash, Wonko and Trish like this.
  12. NelliePledge

NelliePledge Moderator Staff Member

Hi @MrMagoo I’ve only got the free version so don’t know about the daily allowance and how that’s calculated

are you cutting out some activities on that one day to see if you’re doing too much generally.

Ash, Wonko, Trish and 1 other person like this.
  13. MrMagoo

Yes, I tend to have to “prep” in order to have a “day off”
    I don’t know why I thought it would be easy? My allowance is enough to look after myself - wash and dress, put the washing and dishwasher on and empty them, grab snacks and drinks and use the bathroom. It’s not enough to also put stuff away, prepare food, hoover, tidy, take the bins out or anything extra.

Ash, Sean, Trish and 1 other person like this.
  14. MrMagoo

I suppose it’s useful in a way. I have a guideline which shows what is “too much” whereas usually people assume you’re doing nothing because you don’t work.

Ash, Sean, Trish and 1 other person like this.
  15. LJord

I can stay under the allowance until I do something wild and crazy like taking a shower. Then all bets are off for a few days. Then there are the random increases in heart rate that send me over the limit just sitting still and sighing. Loudly. I’m thinking it is PEM related.

Ash, Sean, MrMagoo and 2 others like this.
  16. MrMagoo

It’s just a crazy revelation, too. Everyone “should” be doing much less than we’d think, for our own good.

Ash, Sean, LJord and 1 other person like this.
  17. NelliePledge

NelliePledge Moderator Staff Member

I haven’t got an allowance. But I have reduced the activity that I do on a minimum day. Washing using wet wipes or flannel rather than a shower. Stay in pyjamas. Ignore the dishwasher and washing. Just make easy food. Microwave rice. Soup or something ive batch cooked.

Ash, Sasha, Sean and 4 others like this.
  18. LJord

I’m really curious how Dr. Putrino intends to use the information from the people who volunteered and who use the Visible app.

19. MrMagoo

I have to wash my hair otherwise my scalp cracks and bleeds, so I have to wash every day. I wear pyjamas every day, change once after shower. Only have easy food unless someone cooks or delivers. Ignoring the washing just doubles the next days!

Ash, Sean and LJord like this.
  20. MrMagoo

Attached Files:

Ash, Sean and LJord like this.