Monitoring app - Visible - a platform "designed for any invisible illness that benefits from resting and pacing - including ME/CFS & Long Covid."

Discussion in 'Monitoring and pacing' started by Andy, Nov 25, 2021.

1. LJord

LJord Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I am doubting the accuracy of HRV as a predictor but then I am also doubting I’m getting good readings since I switched the the arm band. That’s why I’m wondering how he would vet the accuracy.

Ash, MrMagoo and Trish like this.
  2. Sean

Sean Moderator Staff Member

Lot to be said for having a buzz cut. Cheap, don't have to worry about wind or rain messing your hairstyle up, and minimal maintenance – takes about 60 seconds to wash and dry, and no combs or brushes required.

Though the style is not to everybody's taste, and you do need some kind of hat when sunny or cold.

Ash, Trish, NelliePledge and 2 others like this.
  3. MrMagoo

MrMagoo Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Nice idea, but still needs washing every day!

Ash, Trish and Sean like this.
  4. LJord

https://www.youtube.com/live/zWOLxwwp75I?si=MtFr1MeQC7bSLoGY

i’m not sure if I did this correctly. Interview with Harry Leeming. He talks about on going changes to the software and how research data is being used. Interesting to me is how they are finding HRV is working differently for people with chronic illness then they expected.

Fainbrog, MEMarge, Ash and 5 others like this.
  5. MrMagoo

I think it’s great they are looking at publishing imminently. One in the eye for BPS and a massive step forward for patients.

6. poetinsf

poetinsf Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Last time I checked, Visible was just a fancy HR/HRV app with no evidence of efficacy. Only thing that appears to have changed is that they accrued testimonials, presumably for marketing.

Ash, Peter Trewhitt and Trish like this.
  7. MrMagoo

It has the self-reported activity tags, daily symptoms by severity and the monthly FUNCAP.
    They’re at the point they can predict HRV days ahead. David Putrino is using the data for a research project.

Fainbrog, LJord, MEMarge and 3 others like this.
  8. LJord

Good question. What is the data on the use of HR/HRV monitoring for pacing?

Michelle and Peter Trewhitt like this.
  9. MrMagoo

10. LJord

I’ve seen a lot of guidelines and listened to various people talking about using monitoring to help with pacing and I have been and will continue to use the Visible app but my question is has there been data showing that this kind of monitoring does in fact increase the effectiveness of pacing? Cause I am long past the ability to simply stop and recover or trade activities and this does seem to be low risk as an attempted intervention.

11. MrMagoo

Pacing has always been about resting. This is just a scientific way to see what your body counts as rest or exertion.

Sean, Trish, Fainbrog and 1 other person like this.
  12. LJord

I was thinking of it as a way to figure out that magical baseline and learn ways to stay under it.

13. MrMagoo

That’s what you do - reduce your overexertion. Stay under your pace points.

Fainbrog and Peter Trewhitt like this.