Tues 20 Feb | UK parliamentary debate: PACE trial and its effect on people with ME - Carol Monaghan, MP

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS news' started by Sasha, Feb 17, 2018.

1. Alvin

Alvin Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I had this thought as well, i wonder if someone could take legal action against the PACE authors (and even funders) for harm caused by a doctor using PACE to harm them since the data was intentionally manipulated.
    Also Crawley and cohort are still wasting public money and resources chasing CBT/GET in "modified" forms and harming patients today.

I had that thought too the one thing i kept thinking was no one was mentioning this has taken time and money that could have led to real research and maybe even treatments by now, getting people back to work and saving benefits money. In the end they shot themselves in both feet.

Jan, Solstice, EzzieD and 6 others like this.
  2. NelliePledge

NelliePledge Moderator Staff Member

3. TiredSam

TiredSam Committee Member

It's also another way of saying "You only have to read it and you'll understand why we are right. What? You lack the scientific background to read it? Here, let me explain it to you ..."

And now she can walk the walk.

4. Skycloud

Skycloud Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Except she doesn't lack the science background to read it. One day Michael Sharpe is going to patronise the wrong person.. oh wait, he already has.

5. Barry

Barry Senior Member (Voting Rights)

A manipulative strategy that has served the BPS crew well for so many of the lost years, a strategy they fail to realise is now very likely to be outed on a very public stage, simply by their repetitions of it to people they don't have the sense to not do it to. It's in their DNA, they know no different, they cannot help themselves, I have no sympathy for them in their downfall when it comes.

6. Barry

Isn't this what Sarah Myhill is effectively doing with her GMC complaint and patients' letters

7. TiredSam

TiredSam Committee Member

He's not really talking to her, but making a vacuous statement to everyone else, saying "read it before you criticize it", knowing that most people won't or can't. He's been patronising the wrong 17 million people for years, and he's showing no signs of stopping, or realising that we have been joined by scientists, journalists and now politicians who have the wherewithall to stand up to him and show him up for the complete charletan that he is. Someone too lazy to think properly trying to acquire the secondary benefits of those who aren't. A complete imposter from start to finish.

8. Skycloud

Skycloud Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Allele, ladycatlover, MEMarge and 2 others like this.
  9. Barry

Ditto.

10. MEMarge

MEMarge Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Have just tweeted a reply to say that encephalomyelitis, or level of brain Inflammation contributes to some of the neuro problems in ME.

11. Alvin

Alvin Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I would reply with have you read the seminal study that proved insulin works for insulin dependent diabetics or that chemotherapy is a cancer treatment. If not are you now saying those treatments are fraudulent?
    Since you haven't should society now explain that to you...

TiredSam, Andy and MEMarge like this.
  12. Frogger

Frogger Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Indigophoton, JohnM, Esther12 and 4 others like this.
  13. Roy S

Roy S Senior Member (Voting Rights)