What Role for Autoimmunity, Neuroinflammation, and Small Fiber Neuropathy in Fibromyalgia, CFS [...] ? (2019) Ryabkova et al.

Discussion in 'ME/CFS research' started by Sly Saint, Oct 18, 2019.

1. Sly Saint

Sly Saint Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Review
    Neuroimmunology: What Role for Autoimmunity, Neuroinflammation, and Small Fiber Neuropathy in Fibromyalgia, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, and Adverse Events after Human Papillomavirus Vaccination?

https://www.mdpi.com/1422-0067/20/20/5164/htm

ukxmrv, Ryan31337, Annamaria and 6 others like this.
  2. daftasabrush

daftasabrush Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I just came across this today. What's your view?

I think OMF was looking into an autoimmune response causing / worsening ME, but only for a subset of patients.

Some of their early statements have very limited single success eg evidence of neuroinflammation in fibromyalgia - citing a single small only

The central sensitization hypothesis is based on very flimpsy evidence. The more I look into it the less there is.

I always find it a bit dubious to hear of overlapping symptoms between FM and CFS - just because many people have both doesn't make the a common origin involved - loads of illnesses have fatigue, brain fog, pain and insomnia. I notice that are using the newer FM criteria without the tender points so they will be finding a much larger group have CFS.

Mithriel and adambeyoncelowe like this.