1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 15th April 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

DecodeME - UK ME/CFS DNA study underway

Discussion in 'ME/CFS research news' started by NelliePledge, Jun 23, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sly Saint

Sly Saint Senior Member (Voting Rights)

2. Andy

Andy Committee Member

3. Andy

Andy Committee Member

DecodeME email and website update.

Email
    Screenshot 2020-08-26 at 14.39.54.png

Website update, which expands on the above, https://www.decodeme.org.uk/funding-announcement-gets-a-big-response/

If you are signed up and haven't seen the email by tomorrow, please check your spam folder. If it's not there, I'd suggest that the best next option would be to try to sign up again. Finally, if you haven't received it and can't sign up again, let me know below - we may not be able to solve individual problems but it's useful for us to know.

Remember, once recruitment opens we will need everybody to sign up seperately to that, so you won't miss out in the chance to take part even if you don't get these updates sent to you.

https://twitter.com/user/status/1298640883424923648

Last edited: Aug 26, 2020
  4. lunarainbows

lunarainbows Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Not sure why media link not working but it says today is the start of DecodeME funding as it’s 1 September!

5. Andy

Andy Committee Member

6. Kitty

Kitty Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Excellent news! Hopefully there'll be more once it's being recruited through GPs, as some people aren't big users of social media, some may hesitate until they see that the study is being promoted via trusted NHS practitioners, and some may prefer to receive the information in their own languages (which primary care clinics are often reasonably good at doing).

7. Andy

Andy Committee Member

8. Andy

Andy Committee Member

For all of those who have signed up to the DecodeME contact list, an email has been sent out by the communications team about future updates from the DecodeME team. It contains a link to a short (5 question) Surveymonkey survey.

If you haven't seen this in your inbox, please check your junk/spam folder. If you still can't find it then the next easiest troubleshooting step would be to try signing-up again at the bottom of https://www.decodeme.org.uk/ to make sure that you are in the system.

Binkie4, sebaaa, Keela Too and 10 others like this.
  9. Barry

Barry Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Already sorted.

MEMarge, MSEsperanza and Andy like this.
  10. Trish

Trish Moderator Staff Member

I didn't get the email, despite registering and receiving previous ones. I have just re-registed. It said 'thanks for registering', which suggests to me I had somehow fallen off the list.
    My daughter hasn't received it either.

Edit: I then immediately received 2 identical emails thanking me for registering, but no email yet inviting me to do the survey.

Binkie4, sebaaa, andypants and 7 others like this.
  11. Dolphin

Dolphin Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Was the survey email only sent out to people in the UK? I got this yesterday, but no message about a survey:

12. MeSci

MeSci Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Same here.

Andy likes this.
  13. Trish

Trish Moderator Staff Member

Maybe the emails are being sent out in batches, and not all have been sent yet. Any information on this, @Andy?

Andy likes this.
  14. Andy

Andy Committee Member

I'm waiting on feedback from the comms team on the points raised by Trish and Dolphin. I'll come back when I know something more.

Hutan, MEMarge, Dolphin and 1 other person like this.
  15. Andy

Andy Committee Member

I'm yet to get a reply to my enquiries but in the meantime these have been posted.
    Code:
    https://twitter.com/DecodeMEstudy/status/1312033391609556997
    https://twitter.com/user/status/1312033391609556997

Code:
    https://www.facebook.com/decodeMEstudy/photos/a.144895943633950/221221226001421/

Kitty, sebaaa, andypants and 4 others like this.
  16. JemPD

JemPD Senior Member (Voting Rights)

just to say I had the email with the survey link, i think it was yesterday but it could have been wednesday

Kitty, Invisible Woman, Andy and 2 others like this.
  17. Invisible Woman

Invisible Woman Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Me too.

Kitty, MEMarge and Andy like this.
  18. Sasha

Sasha Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I've received no email.

Kitty and Andy like this.
  19. Milo

Milo Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I deleted my previous post. I received the following message yesterday, but no link to survey. Could it be because i am out of country? Edit: from post above, yes, because i am not from UK. It may be necessary to mention UK residents only.

Thanks again for signing up to receive updates on the DecodeME study. It’s great to have you onboard. The project is now officially underway and we are doing the necessary work so that we can recruit people into the study from next spring.

As we said before, we are aiming to recruit all participants from the UK, but will recruit internationally if necessary. We will continue to keep you posted with developments and will share more news when we have it by social media, blogs and e-newsletters. In the meantime, we thought you would like to know that we have formally started on the journey.

Best wishes,
    The DecodeME team

Last edited: Oct 2, 2020
    Kitty, MEMarge and Andy like this.
  20. MeSci

MeSci Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I've had the same message, I think (haven't checked) and I am definitely in the UK! No link to survey.

Kitty and Andy like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.