Open Medicine Foundation (OMF)

Discussion in 'News from organisations' started by DokaGirl, Sep 1, 2019.

1. Marky

Marky Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Its quite remarkable how little worthy research OMF has managed to publish taken into account how much funding they have gotten.

People would be better of funding Fluge&Mella who actually tries to find treatment within our lifetime. They do good research as well, and most importantly; they replicate.

Hutan, bobbler, EndME and 6 others like this.
  2. Jaybee00

Jaybee00 Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Last edited: Nov 28, 2023
    EndME and Trish like this.
  3. Jaybee00

I have no idea how funds are distributed from the Sovereign Wealth Fund, but can’t any Norwegians convince the government to use some of its 1.4 trillion dollar fund to fund more of Fluge’s research?

Marky and Trish like this.
  4. Marky

Marky Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Its hard to do when the psychosomatic-lobby has destroyed the public perception of ME/CFS. Also theres no sense of urgency for the politicians. Ok, people are tired - so what? People dont understand the insane symptom burden ME-patients have to endure.

EndME, Sid, mango and 10 others like this.
  5. Trish

Trish Moderator Staff Member

6. Jaybee00

Kitty, ahimsa, rvallee and 5 others like this.
  7. Simon M

Simon M Senior Member (Voting Rights)

>>Danielle has an extensive research background spanning various institutions and projects. At Leidos, she worked on the NIH’s All of Us Research Program [this includes a PwME cohort] as a Project Manager and Biomedical Scientist, supporting the development and implementation of new modules and initiatives within the program.

In her graduate studies at the University of Delaware, Danielle focused on biomedical engineering under the guidance of Dr. Emily S. Day. Her work involved developing biodegradable nanoparticles for photothermal therapy and targeted drug delivery to treat triple-negative breast cancer, using payloads like Notch-1 antibodies, ABT-737, miR-34a, and IR820. She designed, synthesized, and characterized these nanoparticles, conducted in vitro and in vivo studies, wrote manuscripts, and presented their findings at multiple conferences.

During her undergraduate studies at the University of Notre Dame and through a research opportunity at the University of Houston, she contributed to projects studying the development of wings in Drosophila melanogaster larvae and involving mutation analysis of TAL reporters for biosensor optimization, respectively.
    <<

I wonder if she will be interested in the nanoneedle?

MEMarge, Ron, Kitty and 10 others like this.
  8. Hutan

Hutan Moderator Staff Member

ahimsa, RedFox, Robert 1973 and 7 others like this.
  9. forestglip

forestglip Senior Member (Voting Rights)

"Research Updates from the Melbourne ME/CFS Collaboration" from OMF's YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAn_lsFOrhw

I fed the transcript of the above video to Claude (AI like ChatGPT) to create a bullet point summary. I think this is an effective way to allow people without the energy to watch the video to know what it's about. And it can do a much better job summarizing it than I can. It doesn't seem to have made any mistakes, but if I shouldn't use AI generated text here, let me know and I won't in the future.

oldtimer, Turtle, Hutan and 16 others like this.
  10. Binkie4

Binkie4 Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I'm interested in the saline trial. I wonder why Dr Feinberg selected it to study.

I've had an experience of being administered saline infusions during a week of inpatient testing for a heart issue. Some of the testing was under a GA, others involved MRIs, CTs.

I would have expected to feel PEM at some point during the week but I didn't at all, nor after stress testing on a treadmill the following week when as an outpatient I had a concurrent saline infusion.
    Will be interested to see what emerges.

This post has been copied and following posts moved to Saline Infusions

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 4, 2024
    oldtimer, Turtle, Hutan and 11 others like this.
  11. Hutan

Posts on gastroparesis and gastroptosis have been moved to the Symptom Discussion Thread Gastroparesis

MeSci, forestglip, Kitty and 4 others like this.
  12. Hutan

Trish, Nellie, JohnTheJack and 4 others like this.
  13. Braganca

Braganca Senior Member (Voting Rights)

14. NelliePledge

NelliePledge Moderator Staff Member